In today’s episode, we delve into spending and in both combat and social encounters. While I do talk about the tables in the book, I also go into more detail about how to spend them in other ways.
This episode we dig deep in Part I: Chapter 1, “Core Mechanics”:
- What’s with the funny symbols?
- How Do I interpret the dice?
- How the heck do I form my dice pool?
I apologize for the length of this episode, but I didn’t want to cut it into two pieces since the core mechanics are, well, core to how the game plays. It’s just under 29 minutes in length.
Welcome to the second episode of Excess Advantage! In today’s episode, I delve deep into GM territory and discuss how to customize Genesys to meet your needs. This trek takes us to Part III, Chapter 1 in the book.
Creating your own skills, archetypes/species, talents, gear and adversaries are all discussed. While this chapter is in the GM’s Toolkit part of the book, don’t forget that players can use it, too! If they have an idea for their character let ’em use the tools to make it and provide it for GM approval.
Welcome to the first episode of Excess Advantage! In this episode, Devon, a long-time friend and co-host of the Shark Bone Podcast, asks me questions about the Genesys RPG. He asks good questions and I hope it helps all y’all learn more about what the game—and this podcast—is all about.
- You can find Devon on twitter or at Shark Bone Podcast
- TV Tropes is a good place to find tropes for various types of settings. Just be careful that you don’t waste your entire day clicking on links!
- The Subreddit
- The Discord server
- Contact Me to send questions and comments